Socks Shawls Mitts: Here's my knitting!

So long time no see. How have you guys been? Sorry I haven't blogged in a while.....Yeah, i don't have much of an excuse other then the usual PROCRASTINATION. So yeah.

I've been knitting a lot! I've finished stuff, started stuff (mainly started stuff).
But I did finish something! My sisters socks! I had promised my sister (and mom and brother - we'll not go into that now) socks....last Christmas. As in 2011. And I finished it January 2013. Oh well, they are done, and that's what's important. They are also the socks that gave me a hatred of bobbles.


 Yeah, never going to knit bobbles again if i can help it.

I also started a shawl!!! Pretty no? I'm hoping I'll have enough yarn, I'm using some wool, and then some acrylic, but i only had one ball of the wool, and off the acrylic, three balls of unknown yardage. It's not that they are mystery balls (well they are I guess) it's that the labels do not carry that information. Why? is all i ask. WHY?!?


Anyway, it's coming along well, really simple Stockinette stitch increase rows, and then there is a pretty lace border that I should be coming to soon. It's more of a shawlette really, but it is lovely so far! I really like how the different yarns, even though somehow they are the same exact color, just the different materials make stripes.


I'm also working on some arm-warmers for my job. I should be casting on some more projects for that soon, and finish these up quickly.


I'm also making some mitts as a present for someone, who I will not name, because they may be reading this. Don't worry, I'll let you know as soon as she has them :)



That's all my knitting. In other news, I've started editing my novel from NaNoWriMo. It's going well so far, I'm really liking it. Also, I'm now on YouTube! It was a bit scary, and even now I'm cringing, but I knew my first video would suck, and that only doing more would make it better.
So if you want to check it out, just click here .

Well, i hope your weekend is wonderful, and i am off to knit and read and do more awesome stuff.

DFTBA

PS - I hope you guys had a wonderful National Do Nothing Day yesterday - i know i did




Comments

Popular Posts