A Small Hat

The hat is done! Super quick knit, that while does technically fit, is a tad small so we shall see if it will stay on my head. Here are some progress pics.

Day 1!
Before I left on the bus from Denver.

Last night's progress, after a day full of traveling.

 I'll take some photos of me wearing it tomorrow in the daylight.

The yarn I used was some yellow and black fingering weight yarn from Midnight Designs ( I couldn't find them online anywhere, but I got them from the Taos Wool Festival several years ago now. I believe they are still dying, but don't appear to sell online).

I knit it up on size 3 needles, and instead of switching to stockinette stitch I just kept the ribbing the entire way through. I really enjoyed how the yarn was looking in the two-by-two rib, so I decided to just keep at it!

Finished hat, but need to find scissors....

Currently, it's sitting in my purse, with ends woven in, but not cut off, as I haven't found some scissors.

Unfortunately it's not looking like I will get any sock yarn for the boyfriend socks until Thursday, so I have no more Parks and Rec knitting for a little while.

But tomorrow is Christmas, and we are going to spend it opening presents, eating food, and watching Christmas movies! I need to remember to take some time to just concentrate on myself, because today I did not and by the end of the night I was exhausted and grouchy. Family time wears me out if I'm being honest, so I may go and listen to a podcast for an hour tomorrow afternoon at some point.

Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts