Boyfriend Socks

I have not knit socks for a while. At the end of my knitting time last, they were quickly becoming my favourite things to knit. Double-pointed needles, toe up, no gusset, no heel flap (I use the Fish Lips Kiss Heel pattern by Sox Therapy - best $1 investment I have ever made). You could toss them in any size bag, and work on them anywhere. Basic pattern, lace, bobbles (something I will never knit again), cables, the list goes on.


I have once again cast on some socks. These are for my boyfriend, with Araucania Yarns Huasco Tonal sock yarn - Wakame (green) as the main colour, with the toes and heel knit in Bay Leaf (the gold).


I don't currently have his feet to measure against, and no one in my family has size 10 1/2 feet....so I'm doing some guessing using some internet charts and other mens sock patterns.

I have a bit of an uneasy feeling still, that's making me consider adding 1x1 rib on the top of the foot. Even though I know that won't really fix the problem if it is too big.

T-minus two more days of knitting until I can measure it against the giftees feet.



P.S. I almost totally forgot to post the finished hat!

Comments

Popular Posts