Lots and lots of FO's!!!

So I've got a lot of finished objects for you. I finished all my hats for my Quidditch class in the Harry Potter Knit and Crochet House Cup group on Ravelry, which was to make 5-10 things the same. So, you could do toys, gloves, really anything, as long as they were the same type of thing, though they didn't need to be made from the same pattern.

 I managed to make ten hats, which means 150 points to Ravenclaw! This term I've really been trying to get as many points as possible, and it's been a lot of fun, if a little nerve-wracking.




 Hats are easy an quick, and I've discovered that I really like to knit hats flat, as apposed to in the round, which is just as good, but for some reason knitting them flat was great these past weeks.


I'm going to be donating about four of the ten hats to charity. I would do more, but two of them are tams for my job, and the other four are mini witch hats!





I personally love these mini hats, though that fact that I only got one cat to model one hat is very sad....Still, a lot of fun, and if you pin the red and the green on your head, it looks like horns, which I think is brilliant!

I've also made a TARDIS iPod cozy, for my brand new iPod Touch. I'll be completely honest and say that as soon as I finished it, I was more impatient for the iPod to get here, not so I could use the iPod, but so I could use the cozy! It's the first of many TARDIS's, and sure enough, number two (and three!) have already appeared.


Double-knit TARDIS earrings! I've always loved weird big earrings, as shown by my Radish earrings, and I really wanted to make these. I'm turning them in for Potions in the HPKCHC, as the subject is Skelegrow, and one of the options was to make something with a technique that is considered painful/hard, with double-knitting was listed among the examples. I seriously love them!

I also made some masks. The blue one is for Muggle Studies, as we are studying dogs as Muggle companions, and the only colors a dog can see is yellow and blue, so a yellow and blue mask.


The second is for History of Magic, and we are studying the Fey. I can't remember the exact prompt, but it basically, show your ability to recognize them, and Halloween/costumes would work.

I've also knit up a few black ghosts. I swear, black acrylic yarn is the most useful thing in the world. Every time I get it I use it up in a few days. It's the only thing that I feel must be in my stash at all times. I'm turning the big ghost in for Charms, which was all about camouflage, so the ghost disguises my teddy bear at the moment. The little one is I think going to my neighbor, who recently started chemo treatments, so my family is leaving her and her husband some Halloween treats, because they won't be home on Halloween this year.

Whew! That was long! Hope you stayed with me the entire time. I think we're pretty caught up. I'm going as Snape for Halloween, and currently my costume looks like this



Though I'm trying not to freak out too much. Oh, and NaNoWriMo is starting in 4 days....Yeah, freaking out about that. Very much freaking out about that. I have several deadlines coming up in relation to writing and homework and my job, which I all need to get done before NaNo. I'm breaking  my habit on nail-biting, which  means that I haven't bitten my nails in 10 days...yeah, good for me, yadda yadda yadda, but now I need to figure out a different way to release stress......

I haven't carved my pumpkin yet though, so maybe stabbing something will help :)




 What are you being for Halloween?

Comments

Popular Posts