Purple? Blue? And I thought they were the same because...?






















Does that look right?

No, it doesn't. It is quite clearly the wrong color. Now how did this occur?

It is a dark night. I have a pattern that I wanted to make. I start it, and like it much more than I thought I would. I watch a movie while I knit it. I finish it, and pull it on. I can't wait for tomorrow, when I can make the next one.

Fast forward to the next day. I stayed up way too late, was woken up because I had to watch my brother while everyone else in my family went to start setting up the wool festival that happened last weekend (I'll post about that when I've sorted through the photos). So groggy me got up and decided to start the other mitt, only to spend ten minutes searching for the yarn, that has mysteriously disappeared overnight. I finally find it, and start. I knit on it all day, slowly and lazily working my way through the cuff, and starting to work on the cable section.
After dinner: I am in my room, watching another movie. I lay the current mitt against the mitt that is already finished, to see if they are the same size (sometimes my gauge will change when I knit a pair of things, and it really really really annoys me for some reason if one is slightly smaller then the other).


Nonononononononono!!!!! I need these tomorrow! I have to get up at 5:30 to go set up my mom's booth for the Wool Festival!!! It will be cold!!!! NOOOOOO!


OK, so maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration. But not by much. Long story short, I decide to rip it out and start over on it, this time with the right yarn, and super knit to get it done. I did it! I had the mitts for the freezing morning, where they did nothing for my fingers but kept my hands warm, and I looked great with my Quidditch Mitts.





















I am trying to ignore the fact that the second one is slightly smaller then the first one.

Comments

Popular Posts